Health and Wellness
Medications for students
- If you have listed a health condition for your student we must have medication at the school with all medical forms or a signed refusal form. Medical forms must be signed by a doctor before we can give any medication.
- All medication must be in original prescription labeled box or labeled store bought box.
- Please note the medication given to us must be exactly the same medicine that is written on the medication form.
- The medicine must be the same as listed on the medical form ( Example: generic Tylenol can't be brought in for the actual brand name Tylenol if that is what is listed).
- Our school is not a self- carry school, which means all inhalers must be in the health office with a medication form.
- We have a lot of students that come to office with headaches and end up going home.
- We do not have Tylenol or Motrin here at the school.
- If your student suffers from headaches, cramps etc.. please make sure to get a medical form and follow the instructions above for having medication at the school.
- Please be aware that students may not bring in any type of medication to take throughout the day. Example: cough drops, eye drops, cold medicine, allergy pills
- Immunization records are a required document we must have on file at the school.
- Students must be up to date on all shots or a waiver signed if you have chosen not to vaccinate your student.
- Students will not be able to come to school until we receive the immunization records or wavier starting in the new school year.
- We will contact all families that are not up to date on their immunizations.
- Current 5th-grade students that will be in 6th grade the following year need to get the TDAP shot over summer break and we need the updated record
- Please see the files below for more information regarding Colorado 20-21 school year immunization and health requirements, as well as Medical and Non-Medical waivers.
Common Questions & AnswersCan my student carry their own inhaler?
- No, we are a school that does not allow students to carry own inhalers. The inhaler must be turned into the Health Parra with Asthma Action Plan signed by a doctor.
Can my student bring in own medications when they have a cold? (Example: cough drops, cold medicine)
- No, all Medications that come to school must have Dr.’s orders in order for them to take at school.
My student get ’s headaches can I have Motrin at school for them?
- Yes, as long as we have written doctor orders. You can get Medical forms online or at the school.
- No, you don’t but a refusal form must be signed off by the Dr. and Parent.
Forms for Download: