Early Admission For Kindergarten
Process for Highly Gifted Children to obtain Early Access into Kindergarten
- Obtain an Early Access Portfolio Application Package from CILA or download it from the website (see pdf below).
- Complete the Early Access Portfolio Application (Due by February 26th, 2021). There is an initial $25 screening fee associated with this Early Entrance process and must be paid upon submission of this application. *Note: A Portfolio will not be considered complete until all required materials are received.
- Complete applications will be processed and screened to determine eligibility for testing and observation. If the application demonstrates a strong need for the child to enter Kindergarten or First Grade early, as a highly gifted student, he/she will move to testing/evaluation as follows:
- Achievement Testing in Early Math and Literacy
- If the child performs at the 97th percentile or above, he/she will move to cognitive testing
- Cognitive Testing
- Parents are responsible for paying for a portion of this testing fee ($150).
- If the child performs at the 97th percentile or above, he/she will move to readiness observation.
- School Readiness, Social Behavior, and Motivation
- If the child demonstrates readiness for Kindergarten or First Grade, a screening team will evaluate the complete portfolio and all testing/observation data.
- The Screening Team will determine if the child qualifies for Early Access to Kindergarten or First Grade.
- Early Access determination letter will be mailed to families in a timely manner