CILA Has Amazing Talent! What courageous, creative, and talented students we have! The talent show on Friday was an incredible success thanks to so many of our students, parents, and staff. Special thanks to Mrs. Crouch for her leadership and to everyone who helped make this wonderful event possible.
International Cultural Show Coming Soon! CILA students and staff are diligently preparing for the biggest event of the year, our International Cultural Show! Please mark your calendars for Wednesday, March 4 th at 1:00 p.m. to attend this incredible event that is unique to CILA.
CILA will be in the St. Patrick’s Day Parade! We are putting together details for our participation in the St. Patrick’s Day parade to be held on Saturday, March 14th. Participants will likely need to be there by 11:00 a.m. Please use the link below to sign up if you are interested in participating:
Spring PTO Fundraiser We are raising funds to pay for translations of the student/parent handbook and other materials that we use on a regular basis. Any extra funds will be used to assist teachers with materials next year.
Cultural Show: Our calendar has had 3 cultural events listed on February 21st, March 20th, and April 17th. The CILA staff would like to combine the content of those events into one incredible show, CILA’s first annual:
International Cultural Show! ~We Are the World~
Wednesday, March 4th at 1:00 p.m.
Students from each language village will be preparing to share their language and culture just as in past years, but will be performing during one amazing show!
Students will also be able to participate in meaningful events on the early release days (scheduled to provide time for teacher PD in the afternoons):
February 21st: CILA’s Got Talent- Talent Show requested by students! March 20th: Read Across America Day with Literary Figure Parade April 17th: STEM Family Event
Snow Day Calendar Changes: As a result of discussions with the Charter School Institute, we will be addressing the snow day situation as follows:
The following scheduled report card days (when students were not scheduled to attend school) on: • Monday, March 9th and • Friday, May 15th will be changed to 1⁄2 days with an early release for students.
Teachers will still be able to work on report cards in the afternoon on those days.
Also, because our kindergarten students started school a week after the rest of our students: If needed, we will offer 1 to 2 half days for kindergarten students on Tuesday and Wednesday-May 26th and 27th, after Memorial Day. This will only be necessary if we have more than one snow day before the end of the school year.
• February is Black History Month! Stories will be shared throughout the month during Morning Assembly and we will also have special assembly this Friday, February 14th featuring Dr. Regina Lewis at 8:10 a.m. in the auditorium. • This month is also the Kids Heart Challenge! Watch for information to come home with students from Mr. Riis.
• Monday, February 24th: Respectful Awards
• Thursday, February 27th: Principal and Parents Talk Time-8:05-Regular Program; 8:30 Home School Program. Bagels and Coffee provided.
• Monday, March 2nd: School Accountability Meeting
• Wednesday, March 4th: International Cultural Show at 1:00 p.m.
• Monday, March 9th: Snow Day Adjustment to Calendar-1⁄2 day, students attend in the morning- Early Release; Report Card Day for Teachers in the afternoon
• Saturday, March 14th : St. Patrick’s Day Parade-CILA will be participating! 12:00 p.m.
• Tuesday, March 17th: Board Meeting-5:30 p.m.• Friday, March 20th: Read Across America Day-Early Release- 12:00 p.m.
• March 23rd-27th: Spring Break
When can I speak with Dr. Frazier?
• Most mornings during Power Walk- weather permitting
• Most afternoons during dismissal • Wednesdays from 2-4: Set up a time with email@example.com
• Principal and Parents Talk Time each quarter: Thursday, Feb. 27th • Time sensitive issues- During the day I am often visiting classrooms or meeting with teams, but please feel free to access me before or after school to determine a time to meet during the day or have the front desk staff contact me.
Week 4-Pilot Program-Spanish Village:
Kinder: Bettie, Garik, Lucy, Stevie, Ketree, Steve, Gabriel
This month in PE, CILA students will be participating in an exciting WARRIOR CHALLENGE presentation featuring our Heart Hero friends to teach us how to keep our hearts healthy! We will be sending home information with your student.
WHOA!!! IF YOU RAISE $150 YOU WILL BE ABLE TO SLIME MR. RIIS!
Forgot to pay your $30.00 Materials Fee?
We are missing some payments and would prefer to save parents from a reminder call. The materials fee is $30.00 for the first student and $15.00 for each additional sibling. Please pay online at: